Let me tell you about one of my new favorite pastimes. It is called "nap time". During the regular school year, the students do not rest. Ah, but in summer school, they do! At first, I was not sure what to think of this block of time every afternoon. I mean, would they really sleep? Would it make me sleepy? Would it be a battle to just get them to lay still? But, I have come to adore the napping hour. Most of these little people actually do fall asleep. I only have about four who are awake the whole time. They are so cute when they are sleeping...all nestled up with their beach towel, listening to our lullaby CD...which for the record I'd like to try out for myself sometime. I have this really comfy blue-flowered chair in my classroom and it is perfect for reading. So, that's what I do. I've been able to get through four books during nap time this summer. It's awesome! I love having a piece of time carved out just for a specific act such as reading...or writing, or playing music. Now, would I be willing to have summer school go any longer so that I could keep having nap time reading hour? No and nope. But, it is certainly a nice part of my day for now.
Those are my thoughts. By the way, summer school ends this week. Woo Hoo! Summertime Katrina will soon be here.
1 comment:
I wish my company would look into nap time.
Check out:
www.babyrockrecords.com
If I were to listen to lullabies, these are the ones that I would want to listen to. I have purchased U2, Coldplay and the Beatles as gifts.
Post a Comment