Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Find of the (Opening) Day

As far as I'm concerned, this past Saturday really should be marked a national holiday. It was opening day. No, no, silly people, I am not talking about baseball (go find Eric's blog if that's what you're after). I am referring to the circuit! By my precise calculations, opening day for the circuit starts on the Saturday of the huge Habitat for Humanity Sale at the Broadway Christian Church. Everything before now has just been preseason garage sales.

I was a little nervous about opening day this year since the forecast called for snow. The weather did hinder the number of sales. In fact, we only went to two sales--the huge one and one other one. But, never fear--it is not quantity, but quality that counts in finds of the day. And, boy oh boy, we got quality.

Behold:




Our very own organ. Our little basement music room has really stepped it up now. I remember playing one of these very frequently whenever I would go visit Grandma Betty and Poppy. I loved all the sounds it made. Now, I can make those sounds anytime I please.

On top of this f.o.t.d., we also found a loveseat, a basket, and some cowboy shirts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Hopefully you find even better stuff as the season progresses, but that may be the f.o.t.y. (find of the year). Go Royals!